What Information do we collect?
Personally Identifiable Information
GraphDive collects personally identifiable information (“PII”) via the Site and the Services. PII is any information that may be used to contact, identify or locate an individual, and includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address and postal address. We generally collect PII under the following scenarios:
- When you choose to provide us with your PII via the Site, including when you send us an email asking a question, we use that information to answer your question and store it in our database.
- If you provide GraphDive with your email address for the purposes of receiving email notifications regarding the Services, we may also email you with information and offers from GraphDive and/or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided within the email.
- The Services may enable you to send emails to your friends. If you provide your email address or your friends’ email addresses for these purposes, we will store those email addresses, but will not use them to send promotional emails to you or your friends (unless you or your friends independently sign up to receive promotional emails from us.)
- When Developers register to use the Services via the Site, we may collect their name, company name, email address, website URL, telephone number, and similar pertinent information. We may also collect credit card and/or bank account information to pay for any fees associated with their use of the Services. We also ask them to select a password for their account. We use this information to help maintain their account.
- If you choose to login to or otherwise use a Developer’s website via a “social sign-on” tool or similar feature that enables you to register on that Developer’s website with the credentials of accounts you have already established with a social media website such as Facebook (“Social Connect”), the Developer will collect the PII and other information that you permit the Developer to access through Social Connect. This PII may include your name, email, home address, phone number, friends or contacts, and demographic information such as your age, gender and income, as well as other personal information included in posts and other communications made via that social media website. You may be able to modify your privacy settings with the social media website to control or limit what information the social media website discloses to third parties like the Developer and GraphDive via Social Connect.
- If that Developer uses the Services on its website, the Developer will transfer your PII and other information to GraphDive to facilitate that Developer’s use of the Services. GraphDive will access and analyze such PII and other information, and will store or cache it for a reasonable time, in order to use it in connection with providing the Services to the Developer. Through the Services, we may further use the information collected in this way to increase the relevance of the products, services, advertisements and other content that you see while visiting that Developer’s website.
- While GraphDive takes precautions to ensure the confidentiality of the PII you submit to us via the Site and/or Services, please note that any information posted to publicly facing sections of the Site or Services will be publicly available. Any information you choose to provide in a comment or a submission should reflect how much you want others to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and we encourage everyone to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose via this or any other public forum.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We also collect non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”) via the Site and Services. Non-PII is information that may not, on its own, be used to identify or locate a person or entity, and includes your IP address, browser type, your computer’s operating system, which pages you view, which links you click, the amount of time you spend on certain pages and certain demographic information such as age and gender.
GraphDive collects Non-PII under the following scenarios:
- When you visit the Site, our servers may automatically collect and may store Non-PII, including but not limited to your IP address, the number, frequency and duration of your visits to the Site and specific pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, your computer's operating system, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site, and information you search for on the Site. This information may be used for Site maintenance, to enable Developers to target or otherwise enhance the products, advertisements and content you see while online, and for ad delivery and reporting purposes.
- When you register on the Site, our servers may automatically collect the Non-PII items described above as well as your interactions with GraphDive’s staff and other registered Site users. We may retain this Non-PII in our internal system as part of your registered account. We may use this information internally to analyze the aggregate activities and preferences of our registered Site users, and to track and assess your interest in becoming a Services user.
- When you use the Services, our servers may automatically collect Non-PII including but not limited to your IP address, web pages viewed, your browser type, your Internet Service Provider, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Services, and information you search for via the Services. This information may be used for Site maintenance, to enable Developers to target or otherwise enhance the products, advertisements and content you see while online, and for ad delivery and reporting purposes.
- When you enable the Services on a website, we may record data related to that activity, including but not limited to the URL of the web page(s) where the Services are enabled. We use that information to help maintain and track the effectiveness of the Services.
- Non-PII is also collected from End Users who visit a web page where the Services are enabled.
- We may use certain Non-PII about your visits to this Site, other web sites and your use of the Services in order to enable Developers to provide products, services, and advertisements of interest to you. As explained below, we use a cookie or web beacon to collect this information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We use “cookies” in connection with the Site and the Services. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer for record-keeping purposes. We use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Site and the Services. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Services to better understand how Developers and End Users interact with the Services and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage of the Services. We may also use “flash cookies” to enable certain features of the Services, and to help store the non-PII we use to deliver more relevant products, services, and advertisements to you via the Site, the Services, and on other websites you may visit. We also use web beacons in connection with the Site and Services. Web beacons (also known as “1X1 pixels” or “clear GIFs”) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the website you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Services. For more information about cookies and web beacons, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
In addition to the data collection and use practices outlined above, we may share or otherwise disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated information with Developers, prospective Developers as well as the press in order to demonstrate usage of the Services, spot industry and advertising trends, and to generate publicity for the Services. Any such aggregated information will not contain PII.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services and/or to provide services on our behalf, (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, and administration). These third parties have access to PII only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated by contract not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
GraphDive cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of GraphDive or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or that poses a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
GraphDive may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including PII, Non-PII, and any other information we have, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
GraphDive’s Policy Toward Children
GraphDive does not knowingly collect PII from children under 13. If a parent or guardian believes that his or her child has provided us with PII without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information from our files.
Opt-ing Out and Changing or Deleting Your Information
Changing / Deleting your Information